Health And Safety Policy Statement Of Intent
This Health and Safety Policy has been prepared to demonstrate the commitment by collinshallgreen LTD to manage and control the safety of its employees at all times whilst undertaking their duties both in the ofﬁce and out as Consulting Engineers.
- The Management will do all that is reasonably practicable to reduce workplace accidents and ill health.
- Health and Safety Policies are required under Section 2 (3) of the Health Safety At Work 1974. The Practice recognises the duties placed upon it by the above Act to provide places of work and working procedures which are, so far as is reasonably practicable, safe and without taking risks to the health and safety of its staff, clients, colleagues and the public. The practice also recognises its additional duties placed under it by the Management of Health and Safety and work Regulations.
- The practice also recognises that it has duties towards the general public and others including visitors, contractors.
- In planning and executing all its professional senrices, the above duties will be given full consideration by the Practice.
- The Directors are fully committed in their resolve and wish to record here unequivocally, that safety must have the highest priority.
- The Directors are responsible for ensuring that the Health and Safety Policy is implemented and keeping it under review by consultation with the employees, clients, contractors and any other person affected.
- Procedures and activities written into the quality system shall give due consideration to Health and Safety matters in every instance. This includes speciﬁc policies on harassment and out equal opportunities policy
- Employees are requested to co-operate and be pro-active in the improvement of all health and safety matters. All suggestions by employees of methods of improving theirs and others health and safety will be acted upon following full consultation without any compromise.
- The Health and Safety advisor is Simon Collins.
- The practice has an excellent safety record and we wish to state that it is our desire through effective management to maintain this in the immediate and long term future.
- The practice has targeted several areas to ensure we maintain our high standards of Health and Safety performance including sickness absence and Health and Safety training and an awareness of reporting near miss incidents.